Saturday, January 3, 2009

Emma has a new sister!!


After begging me for the past 4 months for a sister about 6-10 times a day, we gave in and got her a sister!! It has been driving me nuts! While we were at Walmart today looking at Nerf Guns with the boys, she pushed some bikes over to a shelf, climbed up and dragged down this giant Barbie doll. When I asked her what she was doing, she said that this was her new sister and she would share her room with her. I put the doll back on the shelf and we tried to walk away. Emma climbed back up and pulled her down again. I told her no about 50 times and she kept dragging the life size Barbie with her. She said that when she found Daddy (in another area of Walmart) she would tell him how this was her sister and he would say "oh Emma..I will buy you a sister today". Well....it didn't quite go down like that, but I caved at the checkout stand. People were cracking up when she would walk by them..a huge box with feet. I told her that our dedal was I get a ton of photos to scrapbook and she can have a new sister. Her name is Rose and she has been dressed in about 5 different outfits of Emmas. They are "playing" together in the backyard right now. Rose is on the back of Emma's bike, riding in circles around the yard. Ahhh...the perfect sibling. You can play with your sister all you want and when you get tired of her, throw her in the bottom of the toy box...LOL.


3 comments:

JW Lovin' Life said...

I LOVE it!! Emma and her sister are a very photogenic duo!!

Janna said...

That makes me laugh!! I had a similar doll when I was 6. I got her for Christmas and I took that doll with me everywhere. (that mom would let me) She was the perfect sister hehehe!!

TCutler said...

Oh my goodness. That is one way to give her a sister. That is totally adorable. Does she play Wii with Emma?