Monday, January 19, 2009

Giving the blog some love

I have been neglecting my blog and thought it was time to give it some love. I just finished working on my personal family photos and wanted to share them. To truly appreciate these beauties you need to know that story behind them.

My mom has wanted family photos for the past 5 years. When we all moved to different states, it became impossible. We have been trying for the past couple years. We planned on getting together a few days before Christmas, I was having a photographer friend come and take photos for us and everything was going to be perfect. Hahaha..should have guessed life is never that easy. Some of us had to work and we could only do photos on CHRISTMAS STINKING DAY!! UGHHH!! So much for having a photographer come. Well..my mom is the sweetest and most perfect person you will ever meet and I was not going to disappoint her again. Enter..THE CRAZINESS...

I decided to take the photos myself with a tripod..on Christmas Day...after hosting a HUGE dinner the night before....a HUGE breakfast the day of..and all of my family holiday needs in between . (YES..what was I thinking...LOL) it decides to RAIN in Arizona...go figure. We had 15 minutes before the storm was going to hit...I had to call everyone and have them stop opening gifts to rush over and lo and behold my remote wasn't working so I had to set the timer instead and run to make it in every photo. I would only do something like this for mom. She kept saying that she prayed that her family photo would turn out and it would be OK. We literally took the last photo and the rain started!! Only mom...she has faith that moves mountains and keeps cars running on fumes(long story..LOL) Here they are...our family photos...mom..these are for you girl!!



1 comments:

The Reese's said...

Wow April,
I don't even recognize your family. Everyone is growing up. This parenting thing is really crazy. Keep up the good work!