I just have to ask. Who had the brilliant idea to throw a bunch of elementary school kids on a bus in Arizona with all the windows rolled up to keep the kids from dying from carbon monoxide poisioning, during 107 degree heat warning WITHOUT AIR CONDITIONING for a 45 minute ride home???? My kids had red, flushed faces, were nauseous and shivering. Uhhh...can we say HEAT STROKE!!! I almost took them to the urgent care, but they were feeling better after a few hours. Would a school district in Minnesota send kids to school on a bus without heat in the dead of winter with a freeze warning in effect? That would be insane. Summer in this state is as intense as Winter in the Northern states.
It doesn't make sense to me. I know the school district is out of money. I'm sure bussing kids is the lowest of items on their agendas, but come on. I complained to the state school board and received a taut reply back. Hmmmm. It never occured to me to ask if there was air conditioning on the bus. I would NEVER have sent my kids into a situation like that if I had known. I guess I am going to have to spend a fortune on gas driving the kids 20 miles each way to school and picking them up every day. There is NO WAY that I am sending them to school in those conditions. Shhheeeeesh. Just needed to vent.
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
Why doesn't my kids' bus in Arizona have A/C?
Posted by April at 8:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hey it's Shawnette from the KT site, I hear you on that one. I don't know what district you are in, but typically they say "We are out of money." But they have a ton amd just don't manage it well. At least that is the case here in Dysart. Your a smart mom to just take them back and forth until it cools down a bit. BTW your Photography business looks like you are starting out on a roll, congratulations.
hmmm...I think our busses out here do have AC. I'm gonna have to look into it. Regardless, they are only on it about 15 minutes, so they can survive, lol!
Post a Comment