Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Look what we did today Dad...


Hey dad...look what E wanted to do today. She was super uber excited. E has been asking me for months to have her ears peirced like her cousin K. I was at the mall in Vegas. We had time. There was a shop that pierced ears. Perfect right?

Yea...not such a great idea. I was on my phone taking of some emergency business, not really paying close attention as the girl at the store prepped E's ears. Big mistake. If I had been paying attention, I would of had the poor girl do both of E's ears at the same time. As the girl shot the adorable sparkly green flower into her ear, screams of panic and terror shot out of poor E. She was in shock and pain as tears streamed down her cheeks. I tried to calm her down. I tried to bribe her with free reign in mom's jewelry box, all of the earrings she wanted in the store, creating her own lip gloss. It wasn't enough. E was NOT going to have that second earring put in her ear. An obtrusive mom started advising me on all of the reasons she didn't have her daughter's ears pierced until she was 8. OK..lady..I get it. I am a cruddy mom who made a realllly stupid decision. Hey, beauty hurts right? High heels, nylons, pierced ears and makeup. We do it all in the name of beauty, unless you are 3. Three year olds are smart enough to cry and run.

My little princess is now adorned in a single shiny green flower earring with NO CHANCE IN HADES of ever getting the other ear pierced. Ugh! I told E that we were going to take her earring out in a few days to let it heal over and she threw a monsterous fit. E loves her earring, in the singular form. So if you see E walking around with her lonely earring, you'll know why.


2 comments:

BeckyKay said...

That is so sweet! You are not a bad mom, and I think it's lovely that you are letting her keep her earring. Someday, she'll want the matching one! LOL!

Linda Murphy said...

She is a young trend setter-I love it. I think it's cute and if she is happy, then I wouldn't worry too much. You'll have a great story for when she is older.