Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Turkey Day Prep

This is the year of change. It will be the first year that I have hosted my inlaws. It will be the first year that I use paper plates. Oh yes, you heard me right, paper plates. I am giving in to the preconceived notions of all things beautiful that I have for myself. I am giving up the crystal goblets and elaborate center pieces. I am foregoing the matching napkins and handmade napkin rings. I am going simple this year. I am going to cook and then sit down and play games with my family. I will no longer be the shadow in the kitchen, buried under a pile of dirty dishes. I am going to throw those dirty dishes in the garbage when we are through, wash out my pans and put away the pretenses. I am going to enjoy this holiday once and for all. Bring on the paper products!

2 comments:

Janna said...

I think paper plates are great!!!! Have fun playing with your kids!

Michelle Quinno said...

Well I hope you carried through on this and had a nice relaxing day!