Tuesday, June 5, 2007

The Sweetness Of Summer

Ahhhh....the sweetness of Summer. It is so taboo to say, but it rings true. Days spent lying in the grass, eating watermelon, swimming and enjoying family. Evenings filled with crickets and barbeques. Summertime is wonderful. I have time to snap photos and scrapbook while catching up on movies. My kids can play videogames, ride bikes and enjoy the freedom of childhood. It doesn't seem like that long ago that I was a child riding my bike outside in the heat of summer, sweating like crazy. It didn't matter. I would stop in at the house and get a popsicle out of the freezer, jump back on my bike and join my friends. I hope my kids cherish these days which will surely help them make it through the stresses of adult life. Enjoy freedom!!




1 comments:

Michelle said...

Cute picture. I love the colors of summer and especially watermelon.