Thursday, October 18, 2007

Never blow a tire on I-10

I had a crazy day. My tire blew out on I-10, the car swerved into the next lane over and I almost got hit by a semi-truck with all of the kids in the car. I was bawling like a baby!! Thank goodness my brother was nearby and could help me. I was too shaken up to think about changing the tire and getting off the road. While we were pulled over, a really nice man who worked at the power plant, stopped to see if we needed help. He was so kind. He gave the kids some drinks because they were thirsty and hot. It restored my faith in people.





DH knew I had a scary day and brought a card and some flowers home. He also left a little box. I opened them up and found this.......................

It's an ipod nano video!! I was mad that he spent money on it when we don't have any...that is when he told me that he WON IT at a work meeting!!!! YEA!!! That made me MUCH happier!! Free is good!! My day went MUCH better. I'm off to download.

3 comments:

Delfina said...

Wow, what a scary experience. Glad everyone is alright. Your husband is one lucky guy and your even luckier since he gave it you.

Michelle Quinno said...

So scary! I'm glad you're all ok.

What a nice surprise!

Deborah said...

nice gift!